Who better than Georges Blanc, the guardian of the temple of the Bresse poultry and keeper of an three times star inn for thirty years, to deliver you the secrets of a perfectly successful poultry?
A recipe for « Bresse Chicken Breast and Thigh Stuffed Rouelle » which will amaze your guests for an unforgettable evening
Preparing the chicken and foie gras
1 Bresse chicken 2kg
20 fresh black truffle slices
180 g fresh foie gras
Freshly ground pepper
1. Prepare the broth the day: Take the giblets from the chicken ( wings, legs and neck).
Dip them in a pot of boiling water with the washed and peeled vegetables, onion pricked and bouquet garni . Skim, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 h 30 .
2. Cut the truffles into strips.
Using a thin , sharp knife, carefully lift the chicken skin on the stomach, back and drumsticks.
3. Slide the truffle slices between flesh and skin. Tie up and book.
4. When the broth is cooled , remove vegetables, degrease. Paint it the chicken. Let cool swim.
5. The next day, wear the contents of the pot to a boil. Skim, add the peeled vegetable garnish. Simmer, covered, for 1:30 .
6. Serve the chicken surrounded by vegetables